Places to visit
- Holbourne Museum has a standing collection of fine painting, porcelain and artifacts. It also specialises in on off shows where they blend the old with the new ( it also has a very good teashop
- The Victoria Art Gallery has a standing collection of art and curated exhibitions ranging from Gracin Perry textiles, World War One Poster to local artist Peter Brown. Each year, from end of April to beginning of June, the Bath Society of Artists have their annual open ( selling) exhibition
- The American Museum, at Calverton Down on the outskirts of Bath ( free bus from centre of Bath) – have a wonderful collection of Native American art and Quilts. They also have annual exhibitions which have included in the past Textile designer Kaffe Fassett to Christopher Hyland American Photography
- Hauser & Wirth Somerset – is a fantastic modern gallery space set in former farm buildings just outside Bruton – a 45 minute drive away. Here you will be able to internationally renowned art exhibits, wonder through their magnificent garden designed by the Dutch landscaper Piet Oudolf and eat in the fantastic restaurant and café surrounded by wonderful art.
- Private Independent Galleries we love and support are:-
- This is just a small selection of what Bath has to offer in the way of art. There are new pop- up exhibitions and art festivals happening throughout the year at various venues in and around Bath
- The curators of all the local galleries are very personable and easy to speak to. If you do not see what you like ask what they may have that is not on show- their may be a hidden treasure!
- The Victoria Art Gallery run “Behind the Museum” tours throughout the year which are fascinating. Contact them directly for more information
- Check out the what’s happening during your stay be going to Visit Bath/Art .