Bath has several music venues on offer and each year hosts several music festivals throughout the year (See Festivals page for more information).
Bath Abbey and the Holburne Museum have a season of free afternoon recitals and Bath is alive with the most eclectic mix of street musicians from Opera to Jazz, to Blue Grass and Folk, to Choral to a violinist of a tightrope!
Places to visit
- Both the Bath Abbey and St Johns Catholic Church have many evening concerts as do many of the other churches in Bath
- The Green Park Brasserie is a must for any Jazz lover.
- The Bell pub on Walcott Street have been a music venue for many years in which you can hear an eclectic mix of jazz cellist to reggae to thrash metal!
- Moles, recently refurbished, is known for its indie band scene and has been host to many up and coming artists over the years
- The Forum attracts musicians such as Jamie Cullum ( a local boy!), Rufus Wainwright and Nicola Bernadetti
- Chapel Arts Centre has a host of musicians performing throughout the year
- The Iford Manor Jazz Festival and Outside Opera just a few miles from Hill House and Bath are a real treat if you can get tickets!
- The Star Pub ( three minutes from Hill House) has a fiddle band on most Friday nights, which is a great way to start your weekend
- For concerts book directly with the venue rather than a booking office to get the best tickets
- Go to totalguidetobath for the up to date listings for Jazz in Bath
- For the major Bath based music festivals, tickets, accommodation and restaurants get booked several months in advance – do not leave it too late!
- For street musicians sit outside Tourist Information in the square to sit back and relax to some wonderful music – one of our favourites is the classical guitarist.