Hill House has 6 en-suite rooms each furnished to a high standard. Each room is individually decorated in a homely manner with handmade soft furnishings, individual original pieces of art and ceramics collected by the owners over many years.
Regrettably we do not have any family rooms.
All of our rooms are equipped with
- Free wifi
- Complementary hospitality tray
- Ironing board ( on request)
- All of our bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms with Complimentary White Company toiletries
- Shaving point
- Large shower cubicles
- For the avoidance of doubt, please be aware that we do not accept infants or children under the age of 12 and that the maximum occupancy for any of our rooms is 2 people
- Only room 4 can be dressed as a twin room
Weekend stays at Hill House
Please note that because weekend breaks in Bath are very popular, most hotels and guesthouses, including ourselves, operate a 2 night minimum stay at weekends (a weekend includes a Friday and Saturday). We are usually fully booked at weekends some weeks in advance.
We regularly take bookings for the whole house for
- Weddings at the Assembly Rooms, Botanic Gardens, the Abbey and Guildhall, all of which are close by
- Reunions ( school and university alumnis)
- Festival bookings
- Conference and training course bookings
We are unable to take hen or stag party bookings due to previous unfortunate experiences.
When booking the whole house we ask for a 50% deposit on booking (refundable if cancelled more than 28days is advance of the due arrival date) and the balance to be paid 2 weeks before the due arrival date.
Arrival and Departure
Standard Check in times are
Sunday to Friday – 4pm to 8pm
Saturday – 12noon to 2pm
Arrivals are available outside of these times but only if arranged in advance and cannot be guaranteed. We are not able to offer arrivals times after 10pm at night.
If you are running late due to unforeseen circumstances please telephone us on 01225 920 520 to make sure access can be given.
10.30am on the day of departure
Please note, although we do not have a lift, the staircases to the first and second floor are shallow and access to all rooms is easy. The staircase to the top floor are slightly narrower with a twist at the top