Bath is renowned for being a centre for Rugby. The ground is in the centre of town and when a match is on the town comes alive. Whether you are supporting Bath or the visiting side you will always be welcome at Hill House – just a 10 minute walk from the ground.
However, Bath has many and varied sporting activities throughout the year.
- In March there is the annual Bath ½ Marathon in which over 16,000 runners take part.
- Bath University is known internationally for its Sports science degrees and places host to many events including Modern Pentathlon and Special Olympics to name but two
- If you want your sport more leisurely then you can play Boule in Queens Square. The annual Boule Festival happens over a weekend in Mid-June and is great fun to watch
- Lansdown Racecourse is three miles from Hill House. The Flat season runs from April to October each year.
- The Castle Combe Circuit is for the Rally Car enthusiast and has race meetings form March to October, from Classic Cars to Rally Cars and Motorcycle events
- On rugby match days get into town early as parking can be tricky
- Check the Visit Bath website for current sporting events
- With the ½ marathon and some other events such as cycling some roads may be closed for a period of time. check the BATHNES Council website for details
- Book your restaurant in advance!